...an attempt to dive deep within myself and listen to the calmness behind the ever-chaotic me...

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"all companies are selfish...

...u say this during a placement interview and u may end up loosing money at the rate of at least 25k rupees per month or even worse..there are some crucial times in your life when u need to have control over your senses and u behave exactly the opposite as if you are on a high and you don't know what ever you are uttering is making any sense... i was exactly like that in the middle of that interview which i would like to forget.

It was a lovely Wednesday afternoon. Cold and Cloudy,and there were 5 monsters sitting in front of me trying to map my profile in to there job requirements. the interview was a typical one.. tell me something about yourself.. and all that kind of mundane questions which those people ask and i was well prepared to answer those questions even in my sleep...but today was different, today the creator of this universe had something else in store for me and I became too emotional and sarcastic in front of them...

Sarcasm is good to an extent when its used as a tool against your enemies or the people whom you don't like, but if sarcasm runs in your blood u may land up where i landed today.It does more harm than good. Who the hell in this world says that the company he would be joining is selfish and that too during an interview, and on top of that there was sheer arrogance... and to make it catastrophic I was even not conscious of the way I was answering

I rationalize after committing any mistake or for every opportunity that i miss or strike. I rationalized my behaviour and came up with the following lines to sooth my self.

Sometimes we do something that we regret doing the rest of our life. To be honest I hate my self for behaving that way although I don't regret not making through this company. Reasons being:

#For the various interviews I have faced I never behaved like this.
#There is no inherent fault in my thought process that impairs my intellect during interviews.
#It was not in the creators master plan to make me fit for that company and that is the reason that day I behaved in a manner which i never did before.
#The bigger picture is not yet visible. If not this then perhaps something better or equally good.

Not a firm behaviour of luck, I always fancied the slogan "harder you work the luckier you get". But there are some incidents that make you believe that somethings are not meant for you, you are not meant to go some places and even if the entire setting is perfect, you can still make a mess.

3 comments:

koustubh kulkarni said...

Paaji,
I could totally identify with you since I have been through such situations at times perhaps more than you have enjoyed a cherry on a cake !! Well, you witness couple of those. But as I analyzed pattern of my life, things always work out for me some way or the other. Trick to remain cool is to identify such patterns of your own life and act accordingly. In my case all I have to do is "nothing" but keep on thinking about your goals/aspirations. So what's your pattern and the action associated ?

fatema rangwalla said...

i liked this post too
"harder you work luckier you get" soo true!

... said...

i believe in that principle, u make ur own according to ur experiences :)

thanks for liking this one tooo fateh :)

They Visit Here Often!

WHO AM I ?

My photo
these are not mere incidents or events that i make a note of.. these are my experiences..the Voices in my head, they may not be real...but they carry some good ides !!!

Labels

Blog Archive