...an attempt to dive deep within myself and listen to the calmness behind the ever-chaotic me...

Monday, June 30, 2008

choices?

"If I could start my life all over again I would make the exact same choices that I made . I think I would make them because of the person that I am and the things that I have learnt my making those choices. I am proud of who I am !!!"

I was listening to this Bob Seager song, and a show girl made this statement in the end. It immediately caught my attention. "Stupid girl,she is in such a situation that would equally attract contempt and pity" I expressed discontent in half articulated voice. If I could turn back the hands of time, If I can go back, would I erase my wrong-doings, stupid acts of mine which caused me trouble, let me down or hurt people around. Well the proposition seems to be exciting.. to be honest I do fancy at times that if I could go back say n number of years I would have not committed certain acts of mine.. or would have done this or that..

But isn't it absurd, the things we do in life are like our experiences.They shape our character. The present me is a culmination of the teachings that life offered me because of my actions, so if the very me try to erase those experiences and try to fill them with better ones the lessons that life would have taught me would be of lesser importance..Or in other words, the events and the happenings in the life are not that important as what we become out of those. Our reaction to those happenings is of more importance then the event itself. Someone elsewhere said, if you loose don't loose the lesson..

So the next time you are in a situation where you are at unease just remind yourself what lesson you learnt and avoid learning the same lesson twice :)

...perhaps that show girl was right..I would have made the same exact choices as well...


don't know how relevant is that picture to the post, i saw a young boy selling some prints about the benaras city. There was not enough light to get a sharp picture, neither did he had time to pose.

3 comments:

narinder said...

Another insightful post!

After reading yr post "choices", i admire yr ability to listen to yr voices in yr head. Every man s architect of his own fortune. I wud like to add few lines here:

"Positive pictures r result f negatives created in dark room."

Smooth roads never make gud drivers,
Smooth sea never make gud sailors,
Clear sky never make gud pilots,
Problem free life never make gud person!!!

... said...

thanks :)

Winnie the poohi said...

I wud make the same mistakes too.. coz I agree to that laaydeee

I like who i am and i wont be me if i didnt make the same choices

They Visit Here Often!

WHO AM I ?

My photo
these are not mere incidents or events that i make a note of.. these are my experiences..the Voices in my head, they may not be real...but they carry some good ides !!!

Labels

Blog Archive