...an attempt to dive deep within myself and listen to the calmness behind the ever-chaotic me...

Monday, August 04, 2008

Convocation hues!

So done with my decorous world at IIIT I resume my mundane life now. What is prescribed in these times is patience. Waiting for my joining letter and blessed with a 512 kbps line life's seems irksome, but that's how it is.

It was raining last evening,With my friend I was outside the HDFC bank, and suddenly I backed-off the last moment to withdraw the last supply of money saved for the rainy days like these.

Suddenly Kou calls "Convocation is on 12th, I am booking my tickets you wish to come, I'd book yours too." How can I decide something in the middle of a financial crisis.

"I don't know, perhaps I cant.You book your tickets I would tell you later. Okay tell me how do I get all my money from my bank at Allahabad here as soon as possible ?" I told him my present state, Kou advised me something which I knew of, any how I thanked him for resurrecting my belief.


"Oh boy, its raining hard outside, I'd get it some other day" I uttered, reversed the car and moved on.

Later Tiwari calls " Convocation is on 12th " .
"That's not a news, I know" I said. Then Tiwari's brought economics in to conversation.

"Rs 750 you pay if you get the degree in person, and Rs 1500 if you are an absentee".

"Who said" was my response, How the heck Tiwari remains so well informed without a dedicated Internet connection, I was bemused. Soon I figured out it was the college website which I always considered obsolete that had all these statistics lined up.

"So you coming, I am booking ticket with bengali" Tiwari seemed to be exited at the thought of wearing that red robe and posing for a picture with his hard earned degree, for me it has always been too flimsy. To be honest as to Kou's question I didn't knew the answer to Tiwaris question. "I'd speak with Kou, he is also planning to go there" I told Tiwari.

I phoned Kou told him to book my tickets. Then I called Lalli, he has always been oblivious to anything happening around.

"So you coming" I asked. Lalli asked if I was going, I was affirmative and Lalli too without wasting a second said "Okhay, then lets meet there on 12th"


So everything was set. The deal seem to be done after a series of local and STD calls.

Suddenly phone rang again. This time it was Tiwari.


"I am not going, My plan changed".

"What happened [:x] , It was you, who's idea it was after all to go there" I kind of half-yelled at him.
"Rs 750 plus the travelling expenses and all could well over go Rs 15oo, Whats the point?" Economically speaking Tiwaris retort was logical, perhaps he should have done something in economics rather than computers.

I kind of fell for Tiwaris logic, I was undecided about this convocation from the first time this question was asked to me. It was like an earthquake for those pillars of logic upon which my decision to go to the convocation was based.

I was left wanting for more plausible logic's to go for the convocation. I have always been undecided about 99% of happenings in my life. I read an entire book titled "Deciding" in optimism to get to the crux of my own nature. One learning I never forget from that book was, " In simple issues like how to reach to a place use logic, and in affairs like career and love go by your intuition." So logic was something I was desperately looking for to convince my whims.


I phoned Kou told him about "Tiwari-eco-nomics".

"Why do you wish to go" was a straight question to explore what reasoning goes behind Kou's head for going to the convocation!

"Well, Once a lifetime you do Masters and get the chance to be honoured, there are Nobel laureates present there during the convocation. We may never get a chance to see those many of them together in our entire life, We will click picture's and It would be fun I think" I hate Kou for piling up so many reasons for the things he does.

"..and why do you wish to go?" Kou applied the same trick to figure out why I had my plans to go. "So that I can withdraw the money and need not to wait for 3 weeks " could be the dumbest answer he would have heard for a while.


Now what I said was impulsive I mean it was real for sure and even I didn't knew that was the precise reason I was going for the convocation.

Kou was driven by logic, Tiwari by economics, Lalli by me and Me by non-sense as far as "deciding" on convocation was concerned !!!




and about the pic of the post, well this ghazal fits in perhaps "चाहे मेरे इन हाथों की तलाशी ले लो ..मेरे इन हाथों मैं लकीरों के सिवा कुछ भी नहीं...

17 comments:

fatema rangwalla said...

"चाहे मेरे इन हाथों की तलाशी ले लो ..मेरे इन हाथों मैं लकीरों के सिवा कुछ भी नहीं...

loved this line :) and the pic too
and liked the way u wrote ur thoughts down ,good job :)

koustubh kulkarni said...

"I hate Kou for piling up so many reasons for the things he does."
-haha .. but i like you when you are convinced with those reasons.

Tiwari's economics sucks!! fun part is priceless.
Also it would be interesting to know what "drives" lalli anyway.

fatema means to say ... u look cute .. and when are we meeting ? :)

nice pic.

... said...

@fateh
thanks fateh! you have always been so quick in reading :P

@kou

convinced you said, i always thought you good at confusing ;)

fateh is cute, even she knows this :P

Gagan said...

very nice !!

... said...

@ gagan

very precise :|

Sandeep Balan said...

"So that I can withdraw the money and need not to wait for 3 weeks " ...ha ha...u had that funny streak going all throughout...and that pic along with the lines went hand in hand! good job bro...

Winnie the poohi said...

vellapanti hmm?

cudnt stop laughing!!

... said...

m glad, i made u laugh :)

Unknown said...

very nice way of writing :)

... said...

very nice way of reading as well :)

thanks a trillion for commenting :)

Rewardshut.com said...

Great Lines Boss


Do you Like latest Songs. Mp3 Search Engine. Create Your Play list and Share them in Social Community websites and Blogs! Free Sign Up. Visit us Today www.mymp3db.com

Aakanksha said...

lotsa gyan in one post..!
Congs for your PG.

Winnie the poohi said...


u got to read this poem

pranay said...

"Convocation hues!".....super hit....biggest hits....lots of drama,,comedy,,tragedy,,emotions.. :)

paaji u r toooo gud...fan ban gaya yaar tera....

and thanks yaar for this line..."Economically speaking Tiwaris retort was logical, perhaps he should have done something in economics rather than computers.".....

pranay said...

at last u find me logical......i m feeling hounored more than getting a MTech degree.... :D

... said...

@galaxian

thanks... thanks..thanks!

@winnie
*u got to read this poem ..
the hyper link didnt come up good.. common sene makes me believe that its your poem.I'd search for sure!


@meetu

You are a bit late in becoming my fan! Gave up orkutting :|

Rahul said...

n u will find all reasons not to attend any event :P

They Visit Here Often!

WHO AM I ?

My photo
these are not mere incidents or events that i make a note of.. these are my experiences..the Voices in my head, they may not be real...but they carry some good ides !!!

Labels

Blog Archive